30 Regrets I’m Mostly Ok With As I Turn 30
I've been freaking out about turning 30 since I turned 26, now that it's here, I've come up with a list of regrets, but unlike most regrets, I'm totally ok with most of these.
I could write a boring list of deep, emotional things I regret in my last almost 30 years but would you want to read that? Nope. Instead let's tackle these.
Here are my 30 regrets I'm mostly ok with as I turn 30, tomorrow, April 14 at 2:16 p.m. in case you need the specifics.
1. That I didn't have a straightener on picture day for my basketball team in 8th grade.
2. That I didn't do this more with Ben & Jerry's ice cream.
3. That I failed my driver's test the first time I took it... because I was afraid of the instructor.
4. That I puked vodka soaked gummy worms on 'bad Halloween,' in LA.
5. That I got mad when my friends tried to throw me a surprise 14th birthday party.
6. That I thought olive green overalls were cute... and that I wore them with blue suede gym shoes.
7. Most of what I wore in the mid-90s.
8. That I heard too much excitement about 'Space Jam,' before I saw it so I was underwhelmed.
9. That I only eat mostaccioli sandwiches on Christmas Eve.
10. That I tried out for the cheerleading squad instead of the basketball team my freshman year of high school.
11. Most of what I wore my freshman year of high school.
12. That I didn't go to my brother's trolley birthday party. I always hear so many good stories from that party and I'm bummed I missed it.
13. That I didn't have good boots on at the Bears game in 2010 when I think I got frostbite.
14. This sunburn.
15. My haircut in 5th grade.
16. That I didn't watch 'Gilmore Girls' when it was actually on TV.
17. That I took the tags off of my original beanie babies.
18. That I didn't eat more slices when Lenny and I took 'The Don' Challenge at Mamma Mia's.
19. That I wouldn't go to a real seamstress for my bridesmaid dress in my cousin's wedding and instead ended up ripping the dress all the way up my butt while I was dancing.
20. That I don't still sing and dance in musicals.
21. That I bought this one pair of really expensive high heels from Express and never returned them even though they're too small.
22. That I didn't take more pictures with Kris Bryant when I met him.
23. That I still don't own this shirt.
24. The almost year long toe injury... and potentially some other things from Lori's wedding.
25. That it took me 20 years to find out I love avocados.
26. That we took these photos to give away a heated towel rack but never did.
27. The time I made these cupcakes and realized there was no 60 yard line.
28. That I only did this once for one of my niece's birthdays.
29. That I don't still have a subscription to People magazine.
30. That I don't still have this t-shirt.
I think I'll survive my birthday, hopefully I'll be back on Monday.