5 Reasons Why Spring is the Worst Season in Rockford
We were so excited for Spring. Then it arrived.
Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I recently discovered I don't really like Spring.
Sure, the idea that warmer weather is coming is great, but let's face it, Spring is just about sneezing and avoiding puddles.
Bathing suits may be on sale at Target... but Spring is disappointing. Here are the five reasons why.
- You still need a winter jacket. The high might be 45 or 50 this week, but it's below freezing when leave for work. Winter jackets in March are the worst.
- All you do is sneeze. Our crazy warm week in February was great, except that plants and flowers got confused, and started growing in your backyard, and they're just gonna keep getting confused and throwing pollen in the air all around downtown Rockford... probably until December.
- When you're driving in the sun, your face is hot and your toes are cold. This is one of my biggest Spring pet peeves. I've definitely driven around with the heat on and the windows open... with the sun in me face on East State.
- Geese are constantly staring you down. There's a chance it's just me, but I can't be alone on this one. Geese are so scary, and you kind of forget about them in the winter until it's a nice Spring day and you go for a walk in Sinnissippi Park and bam, geese attack.
- Spring Break. Spring Break sucks when you're a kid and you're the only one who doesn't get to go on vacation, or when you're an adult and you realize you don't get a Spring Break. Or even worse, you forget about Spring Break, make it all the way to O'hare and realize it's packed with either Spring Break children or college students.
How many days until Summer?