5 Things I Loved About Urban Farmgirl’s Main Street Market
The event, held at Rockford's Midway Village, was everything and more than I had ever imagined. I had one mission but so much more happened.
Well over 150 artist/vendors filled the grounds of Midway Village on Saturday (5/19) with vintage and handmade goods off all kinds. So many people told me how amazing the event was the year before and how much I would enjoy it. I've been redecorating my daughter's room and I've been waiting for this year's Main Street Market to find a dresser.
My day was planned way in advance. Bring my trailer and be at the gates when the event opens at 9 a.m.. I didn't know how long it would take to find the perfect dresser but I had 4 hours to look and wanted to take in the whole event. I was shocked that I found a perfect dresser at the 2nd booth I hit. But there was only one problem with this dresser.
The dresser isn't the problem. The problem is that I'm here to find a dresser for my daughter, not myself and I badly wanted to take this dresser, from Tique Furnishings in downtown Rockford, home. This leads me to my list
The 5 Things I Loved About Urban Farmgirl's main Street Market.
1. No matter your style preference, you will find something to love. You might even find your 'new style' preference after attending.
Its become quite a popular thing to decorate your home with sayings, famous quotes, and song lyrics.
2. Finding this sign, from Create Design Live Home Decor, with a crowd of people gathered around it and walking right through that crowd and pulling it off the display. This sign, from my all-time favorite artist, was mine before the event even opened... they just didn't know it yet.
3. Every few hundred yards there was another musician performing.
4. Since this was my first time attending an event like this, there were some things of which I was just unaware. Like this photo below. I will totally have one next time so I won't need to return to my car several times to unload my purchases.
and one more thing I loved about Main Street Market...
5. I don't have to wait a year for the next Market at Midway Village, the next event is September 8, 2018.
Oh, I almost forgot. I did find a dresser for my daughter's room. It was the last booth I stopped at and she loved it. Thank you Bree from Darling & Distressed, your work is absolutely wonderful. You can see more of her work at Vintage Bliss in Beloit.
Check out more photos of things that caught my eye at Urban Farmgirl's Main Street Market.