7 Rockford Restaurant Chains That Failed
With the addition of Portillo's last year and Dog Haus coming by the end of 2017, chain restaurants in Rockford are opening more often than they're closing.
The belief is that even more independent restaurants will close while more and more chain restaurants will expand, says Buzzfeed.
But what about the chain restaurants that didn't make it in Rockford? Here are seven that didn't only not make it in Rockford but nationwide.
Most of the following seven are no longer in existence.
1. Howard Johnson's Restaurant, 4820 N. 2nd Street, Loves Park
2. Sambo's Restaurant, 411 East Riverside Boulevard
3. Kenny Roger's Roasters, 6602 East State Street
4. Chi-Chi's Mexican Restaurant, 6007 East State Street
5. Lum's Hot Dogs, 4578 Harrison Avenue
6. Bob's Big Boy, 5855 East State Street
7. Ponderosa, 3725 East State Street, 1201 Sandy Hollow Road and 6125 North Second Street
Top This! The Search For Rockford's Best Pizza