Beat the Heat with 10 Spray Pads in Rockford
Sure, we love summer, but sometimes it’s just too hot to handle. Enter the spray pads.
Maybe I’m wrong, but I do not remember spray pads or splash parks when I was little.
I remember going to Great America and walking through the mist area, and they also had mist areas at Minor League baseball games.
But somewhere you could show up in your bathing suit other than a pool to cool off? Pretty sure this amazing idea was invented sometime after 1999.
For the lucky kids who are still kids this summer, the Rockford Park District is hooking you up with 10 different places you can enjoy spray pads.
According to the RPD website, these locations will spray you with a push of a button between 1 p.m. and 8 p.m. from now until Labor Day.
- Beattie Playground (1251 Rural Street, Rockford, IL)
- Bloom School Playground (2901 Pelham Road, Rockford, IL)
- Brown Park (2010 North Main Street, Rockford, IL)
- Churchill Park (2002 7th Avenue, Rockford, IL)
- Harmon Park (1924 East Gate Parkway, Rockford, IL)
- Keye-Mallquist Park (1702 11th Street, Rockford, IL)
- Liberty Park (1555 Morgan Street, Rockford, IL)
- Mandeville Park (650 Montague Road, Rockford, IL)
- S. Henrietta Park (527 S. Henrietta Street, Rockford, IL)
- Washington Park (3617 Delaware Street, Rockford, IL)
I don’t see an age restriction… can a childless 30-year-old hang out there? I can pass for 26…
Subscribe to 97 ZOK on