Check Your Candy, Dark Chocolate Recalled in 23 States Including Illinois
Just in time for Halloween, a bunch of dark chocolate is being recalled.
While dark chocolate almonds might not be in your kids trick-or-treat bags, there's a chance it's in your cabinets.
According to NBC 5 Chicago, there is a massive dark chocolate recall happening right now.
The recall was voluntary and is based on the fact that the chocolate did not list milk as an ingredient. Thus, if you have a milk allergy, that could be a huge problem.
The items being recalled in Illinois include:
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Almonds 23oz tub
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Almonds 11.5oz tub
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Almonds with Sea Salt and Turbinado Sugar 12oz tub
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Cherry-Infused Cranberries 12oz tub
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Strawberries 13.5oz tub
- Alpine Valley Dark Chocolate Almonds 11.5oz tub
- Circle K Favorites Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds 3.25oz bag
- Tops Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds 11.5oz tub
- Tops Dark Chocolate Coffee Beans 12oz tub
- 7 Select Dark Chocolate Turbinado Almonds with Sea Salt 2.25oz bag
Additional items being recalled in other states can be found here.