Chicago Museums Waive Admission Fee on These Days This Summer
Going to a Chicago museum just got a lot cheaper.
Heading to a museum in Chicago is always fun for kids, but for parents, it can cost a lot. This summer though, a lot of Chicago museums are taking away the price for select days.
Free days really are the best days!
According to TimeOut Chicago, these are the days you want to head to Chicago to take advantage of the freebie admission, most days are free for Illinois residents only. Check with the museum.
- Adler Planetarium: Discount Days make it free for Illinois residents with ID.
- Art Institute of Chicago: Free for Illinois residents, 5 to 8p.m. on Thursdays.
- Brookfield Zoo: Free for active, reserve and retired military personnel.
- Chicago Botanic Garden: Free admission.
- Chicago Children’s Museum: Free Thursdays from 5 to 8 p.m.; Teachers, firefighters and police officers just $5 any day.
- Chicago History Museum: Free for kids 12 and younger.
- Clarke House Museum: Free admission.
- DePaul Art Museum: Free admission.
- DuSable Museum of African American History: Free every Sunday, free for active/non-active military personnel, free for kids under 5.
- The Field Museum: Free for teachers and active military personnel, free for everyone June 21, 22 and 23 for Illinois residents.
- Glessner House Museum: Free admission Wednesdays and for kids 5 and younger.
- Lincoln Park Zoo: Free admission every day.
- Lizzardo Museum of Lapidary Art: Free admission on Fridays.
- Loyola University Museum of Art: Free admission on Tuesdays, kids under 17 free every day.
- Mary & Leigh Block Museum of Art: Free admission daily.
- Museum of Contemporary Art: Free Tuesdays for Illinois residents.
- Museum of Science & Industry: Free for Illinois residents June 1-3, 6-8, September 6-9, 12-16, 19-23, 26-30, October 4-6, November 3, 10, December 1.
- National Museum of Mexican Art: Free admission.
- National Veterans Art Museum: Free admission.
- The Oriental Institute Museum: Free admission daily.
- The Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum: Free for children 3 and younger.
- Shedd Aquarium: Free June 6, 7, 13, 14, September 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27, October 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31, November 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29.
- Smart Museum of Art: Free admission.
- Swedish American Museum: Free admission on the second Tuesday of every month.
Would You Go See a Kardashian Movie?
Subscribe to 97 ZOK on