Concerts, Festivals, and SCAMS – Oh My
Sure, summer is full of concerts and festivals but the fun can end in a hurry when you find out you were scammed out of money. The BBB is reminding us all to look out for summer-related scams, once again. From tickets and vacations to employment, you could be swindled without realizing it.
What To Watch For:
- Vacation Scams - Sending in money to lock in a "great deal" like half price for an obviously costly experience. If it seems too good to be true it probably is.
- Movers - Quickly check the business' rating here to avoid overpaying.
- Concert/Festival Event Tickets - Stick to authorized ticket sellers like the event venue's website, Ticketmaster, or BBB accredited sellers.
- Door-To-Door - Always get promises in writing. Not all door-to-door business is bad just be cautious.
- Summer Jobs - If you have to pay to the potential new employer, it's likely a scam. Also, don't buy the whole "no experience necessary" schtick.
When it comes to your money the best bet is to follow the "if it's too good to be true it probably is" mantra.
[H/T Better Business Bureau]