Illinoisans Roasting Oregon Residents Over Their New Self Serve Gas Law is Hilariously Ridiculous
You don't need me to tell you this, but it's cold; really cold. With that said, what is one of the worst things you could possibly think of doing when it's -10?
For me, it's filling up my gas tank. There's nothing worse than nearly losing a finger or fingers to frostbite from grasping the fuel pump while your nose runs, eyelids freeze shut and don't even get me started on trying to remove the salt from your back window just trying to keep warm.
Imagine how nice it would be if there was a full service gas station in the Rockford area that had someone do all of that nonsense for you. Sounds like something straight out of a 50's movie, right? You just roll up to the gas tank and a nice guy dressed in blue with a name written in cursive on a patch above his left shirt pocket greets you with a smile, fills up the tank and cleans your windows. Perfection.
Would you believe that's how it's always been in the state of Oregon? For decades Oregon residents didn't have to pump your their own gas and now, thanks to a new law, drivers in 15 counties now can (it's optional by the way)....and spoiler alert- Oregonians aren't having it. Which is why, according to WGN, people all over Illinois and the rest of the country are roasting them harder than a marshmallow at a summer bonfire.
Some of the best responses from the web include:
- The best part is people can’t read either. They now have the OPTION to pump their own gas in rural counties. It’s not they have to. Many stations are still keeping full service options.
- From the sounds of some of the people complaining, maybe they shouldn't pump their own gas because they'd probably screw it up.
- Looks like I'm moving to Oregon. "I'll pump your gas for you, that'll be $5".
- Oregon Trail the game says, "You have died from pumping your own gas."
- FEAR NOT OREGON!!! I've decided to move to Oregon to open a school to teach people how to pump their gas.
- I'm in Wisconsin and with the wind chill it's currently -17. You know what I did this morning?! Had to pump my own flipping gas!! It's not that hard people!!
Oh the humanity.