People In Rockford Are Grilling Their Burgers The Wrong Way
Here are some tips to make sure you're grilling burgers correctly.
It's that time of year and I'm very excited.
The weather is getting better, so I'm ready to pull out the grill to start cooking up some tasty food.
My favorite thing to cook out is burgers.
You can't go wrong with a good burger. Especially, when it's done well.
Hopefully, you aren't making any grilling mistakes.
Here are some tips to make sure you're doing it right from foxnews.com.
- Never use pre-made patties - Makes life easier, but the quality isn't there.
- Stick to ground beef - Might be interesting to do something like turkey burgers, but it isn't quite the same.
- Don't over handle your meat - It's always good to add different seasonings but don't over mix it.
- Just add water - When forming the patties, dampen your hands so the meat doesn't stick to your fingers.
- Account for shrinkage - Burgers cooked on the grill will shrink and if you don't account for that you will end up with hockey pucks.
- Cook at the right temperature - A key to grilling burgers is to do it at the right temperature. If the grill is too hot or too cold, it will affect the taste.
- Don't flatten the patties - Though it looks tempting, don't smash the burgers with the spatula. It drains all the juices out of them.
- Use a thermometer - It's the best way to tell if they are done. Never use a timer or by guessing.
I hope these little tips help you grill the best burgers in the neighborhood.
Video: Classic Rock Smackdown - What if There Were Five Versions of Ratt?