Rockford Park District Wants You To Tell Them How They Can Be Better
For the next two weeks, the Rockford Park District is giving kids and adults a chance to chime in on the district's future. What do you want to see?
There are two kinds of people who will always be brutally honest with you; drunk adults and kids. The Rockford Park District wants to absolutely hear from kids, but sober adults will be heard as well. The district recently started a chalkboard campaign, and so far the results have been great. They're taking chalkboards to area parks and asking the kids what changes the park should make in order to be better. The intent is to use these ideas to develop a grand 5-year plan. Take a look at what's happened so far.
The Chalkboard in the Parks tour is not over yet. Here are the rest of the tour dates. Be sure to get your brutally honest kids to at least one of them.
- Sunday, July 15 - Levings Park
- Monday, July 16 - Jamestown Park
- Tuesday, July 17 - Fairgrounds Park, Churchill Park
- Wednesday, July 18 - Mariposa Park, Alpine Park, Summerdale Park
- Thursday, July 19 - Vandercook Playground, Brookview Park, Sinnissippi Park
- Friday, July 20 - Harlem Community Center, Alpine Meadows Park, Williams Sports Complex
- Saturday, July 21 - Andrews Park
For more event details, click HERE.