There's no such thing as bad press. I don't know who said it but it's true.
Good or bad reviews, it doesn't really matter. All that really matters is that someone somewhere is talking about you or in this case your restaurant.
That's how and why many of these 10 most talked about restaurants in Rockford have managed to stand the test of time.
In order to figure out the "most talked about" restaurants in Rockford I consulted TripAdvisor and found the 10 spots in town that have the most reviews.
This is what I came up with:
1. Lino's - 5611 E. State Street (463 reviews)
"Lino's is a great hometown restaurant that serves the best pizza, pasta, chicken, steaks and so much more! They treat you like family and make you feel so welcome!"
2. Machine Shed - 7475 East State Street (430 reviews)
"No need to dress fancy here, since you'll feel the rustic, comfortable ambiance of a down home place. The service is great and the food is deliciously filling."
3. Stockholm Inn - 2420 Charles Street (403 reviews)
"Yummy Swedish food. The pancakes are light and fluffy. Very generous servings. Good atmosphere too. Great for the family."
4. The Stone Eagle Tavern - 6445 East State (346 reviews)
"Lovely atmosphere, great service, and food. I look forward to another visit. The owner is very friendly and visited with us each time we were there."
5. Franchesco's - 7128 Spring Creek Road (325 reviews)
"Beautiful intimate and relaxed atmosphere including piano music. The food is plated in such an appealing manner plus everything is made fresh & homemade."
6. Thunder Bay Grille - 7652 Potawatomi Trail (321 reviews)
"Its curbside appeal is outstanding...looks like a huge mansion on restaurant row...we will be back."
7. GreenFire Restaurant Bar & Bakery - 6795 East Riverside Boulevard (314 reviews)
"Some unique dishes. Must try the duck bacon wrapped dates for appetizers."
8. Tavern on Clark - 755 Clark Road (252 reviews)
"Great wine list and cocktail options. Staff was wonderful, and very attentive to our table plus they didn't rush us out."
9. JMK Nippon Restaurant - 2551 North Perryville Road (225 reviews)
"JMK does the genre well. Got a good chef who did some tricks I have not seen before."
10. Hoffman House - 7550 East State Street (166 reviews)
"Wonderful prime rib and always (a) superior salad bar. Great for family dining, especially the elderly who are always treated graciously."
Top This! The Search For Rockford’s Best Pizza
Sweet Lenny is the brand manager of 97ZOK and Operations Manager for Townsquare Media Rockford. Catch him afternoons 3 to 7 on 97ZOK. Follow him on Twitter, Instagram and like his page on Facebook.