10 Halloween Costumes That Will be Popular in 2018
Seeing as though we are at the beginning of October, you may want to start planning your Halloween costume now.
A shopping trip to the nearest resale shop should help with most of these costume needs.
Here are the Top 10 2018 Halloween Costume Predictions:
- Tonya Harding - Since the dark comedy I, Tonya was released earlier this year, the former disgraced skater has seen an increase in Pinterest searches. This means you might see a bunch of bedazzled skating costumes, scrunchies, and over the top makeup at your next Halloween party.
- A character from Riverdale - The hit Netflix show based on a story from the Archie Comics should bring us some variations of Archie, Jughead, Betty, and Veronica.
- A 90's icon - This could go a ton of different ways and be super fun! You could pick a specific character and/or artist to go as. Or even a zombie version of the same. You could even sport popular 90's fashion such as Tommy Hilfiger or Jnco jeans and go as the 90's version of yourself.
- A warrior from Wakanda - No doubt about it, Black Panther was a hugely popular movie in 2018, so it should surprise no one that any character from this film will be a costume worn by many.
- A flamingo - Not sure why this one is making the list, but it's definitely an easy one to create.
- Edna Mode - The costume maker from the Incredibles' films is a super easy and fun character to play for a night. "No capes!"
- An ABBA-inspired dancing queen - The Mama Mia squeal came out not too long ago reminding folks of the iconic disco style.
- A cosmic fairy - Not really sure what the difference between a cosmic fairy and just a regular fairy are, but I'm sure it has more to do with make-up than your outfit. Good luck with this one!
- Frida Kahlo - With this very colorful costume you could go one of two ways. The first is to try and look as much like the famous artist as possible. Or you could try and go with a look inspired by the way she was portrayed in the popular Pixar film Coco, which is more of a Dead of the Dead type look. Just be careful to not get in trouble for impersonating a unibrow.
- A cow - This classic costume is making the list be apparently it's going to be a hit with hipster this year. So brace yourself for ironic cows, whatever that is.