Weed Is Now Legal In Canada Here’s How To Become A Citizen
If you've been thinking about moving out of Illinois, you might want to consider going to Canada because marijuana is now legal.
The state of Illinois is a complete trainwreck. People want out. It's been all over the news and Social Media.
According to jsonline.com,
"More residents moved out of Illinois in 2017 than any other state."
The big question is where to go?
What is the major factor to attract you? Things like weather or jobs?
How about laws?
According to cnn.com,
"Canada is only the second country in the world to implement legislation to permit a nationwide marijuana market."
That's right, pot is now legal in Canada.
I have a couple of friends that are already talking about moving there.
So if you're looking to escape the Land of Lincoln and you enjoy smoking a little ganja, Canada might be the place for you.
I'm not sure how credible wikiHow is for this kind of information, but they have simple step by step instructions for becoming a Canadian citizen.
1. The first step sounds easier than it really is. Move to Canada. Well, you can't just pack up your car and move there. You have to do the proper paperwork like getting a visa.
2. Get your "Maple Leaf Card." That will allow you to stay in the country.
3. Live in Canada for 1,460 days. They don't have to be consecutive, so you can get a break.
4. You must be able to speak English or French. If you are currently reading this blog without an issue, you should be good to go.
5. Do they want you there? In the case where you have a criminal record, there's a good chance they won't want you.
6. Have knowledge of Canada. Knowing the rules of hockey will not help because you will be tested.
7. Fill out the application and pay the fees. Just like anything else, there is a process.
8. Get interviewed. Yes, you will have to go through an interview to become a citizen.
9. Once you've been approved, you must take a Canadian Oath.
10. Congrats, you're now a Canadian citizen.
For more complete details with pictures, go HERE.
It doesn't seem that bad. I've gone through more to be hired for a job.
I hope you enjoy your new life in Canada.
Video: Classic Rock Smackdown - What is Ronnie James Dio's Real Name, And Other Rockstar Birth Names.