Illinois Residents Getting $4,000 Direct Payments: How To Apply
Illinois residents can be considered for a $4,000 rebate if they meet certain requirements when purchasing an electric vehicle.
If you reside in Illinois and have purchased a new or used all-electric vehicle from an Illinois licensed dealer, you may be eligible for a rebate. Wish I had an electric car!
There is a certain time period you're able to apply for the rebate.
"Applicants must apply for the rebate during an open rebate cycle and within 90-days of vehicle purchase using the application forms available" [epa]
Here are the requirements I found on the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency website:
- The purchaser must reside in Illinois at time of vehicle purchase and at the time the rebate is issued.
- The vehicle must be purchased from a dealer located in Illinois and licensed by the Illinois Secretary of State. Rented or leased vehicles do not qualify for the rebate.
- The vehicle cannot have been the subject of a previous EV rebate under this program in Illinois.
- Only individuals can receive a rebate and can only receive one rebate. Businesses, government units, organizations, and other entities that are not individuals will be denied a rebate.
- The rebate amount cannot exceed the purchase price of the vehicle.
- The purchaser must retain ownership of the vehicle for a minimum of 12 consecutive months immediately after the vehicle purchase date.
- The purchaser must apply for the rebate within 90-days after the vehicle purchase date.
The $4,000 rebate only qualifies for electric vehicles that are not motorcycles. The electric motorcycle rebate is actually $1,500.
When does the next rebate cycle happen?
So, if you're looking to switch to an electric vehicle anytime soon, maybe you should hop on this and take advantage.
Also, I don't know if it's just me but I am so hesitant to get an electric vehicle because I'm afraid I won't be able to find a charging station in time haha. Is that ever a concern for electric drivers?!