Rockford Guy Reveals What Dudes Really Think About Dating Apps
Because dating apps are way more complicated than they should be.
The world of 'online dating' has changed a lot in the last ten years.
From websites where you actually filled out information about who you are and what you're looking for, to dating apps that take less than 60 seconds to create a profile and swipe away.
So what are people really using those dating apps for?
I started playing (which is legitimately the only verb I can use to describe what you do on dating apps) on Tinder, Bumble and the like about three years ago, and only one thing has remained constant, dating apps are confusing.
They're so different than if you were to actually meet someone in person, and the real question is, what are other dating app users thinking?
So, I asked a Rockford dude on Bumble to help me (and every other woman on a dating app) and fill us in on what dudes are really doing on dating apps.
His answers actually really surprised me.
- How long have you been on a dating app? A year.
- How many apps are you on? Now 1, been on 3 at the most.
- What’s your favorite app? Plenty of Fish got me two dates with girls that lasted.
- How old are your profile pictures? Most within the last year .
- How many people have you met in person from an app? 4 off the top of my head.
- How often do you use the app? Once or twice a day.
- Do you read the profiles before you swipe? After? Yes and no, sometimes I just speed thru.
- How long do you talk to someone before asking them out on a date? No specific time, go by feeling.
- Do you like dating apps? Yes and no, lots of bs that go with it.
- In one sentence, why do you use dating apps? Because it’s another tool to find someone who clicks with me.
What about you? Or someone you know that uses dating apps? How would they answer these questions?