Which Country Has an Education Level Similar to Illinois?
If you asked someone from Illinois to describe the education level of it's residents, I'm sure you'd hear a handful of rude and sarcastic comments.
We're sad, boring, uneducated morons who don't know how to drive and we definitely don't know how to avoid controversy or scandals, especially when it comes to politics.
Some would even say that we're stupid for even living here; or are we?
In fact, according to Home Snacks, people from Illinois are quite smart, as smart as people from Romania.
I know what you're thinking; you're probably thinking that Romania is some third world country that produces nothing but gold medal winning gymnasts and Dracula.
While both of those are true, there are so many other factors that prove that Romanians are some of the smartest people in Europe.
- Romanian physiologist and professor of medicine, Nicolae Paulescu, discovered pancreatine (the predecessor of insulin.)
- The jet engine used by modern airplanes was invented by Bucharest-born inventor Henri Coanda.
- Petrache Poenaru invented the first fountain pen in 1827.
- In 2005, the government replaced Romania's progressive tax system with a flat tax of 16% for both personal income and corporate profit, among the lowest rates in the European Union
- The world's first industrial oil refinery opened at Ploieşti (southern Romania) in 1857, two years before oil was discovered in Pennsylvania.
- Hollywood's original Tarzan, Johnny Weissmuller , was born in Freidorf - a suburb of the city of Timisoara, Romania.
- Romanian gymnast Nadia Comaneci was the first to achieve a perfect routine and get the first score of 10.00 in the history of gymnastics in 1976.
- Romania was home to the real Dracula, Vlad Draculea, and Transylvania.
- Romania is home to the second-largest outdoor museum in the world.
- Romania is the #9 producer of wine in the world.
- They're the fifth booziest country in the world
- Bucharest, Romania, is where you'll find one the world's prettiest book shops. Smart people love to read, right?
- Their 4G speed is envied by the world.
See, aren't you feeling smarter already?