Did You Know These Countries Could Fit Into Illinois?
Outside of Chicago, Illinois is a pretty wide open state. Sure, there’s pockets of pockets of people here and there but for the most part, it’s open.
That’s why finding countries that are so crammed with people fitting inside our whole state (rather comfortably) is interesting.
According to selfstorage.com, “if Illinois were to declare its independence and become a country, it would rank as the 92nd largest among the 200-odd nations in existence.”
Since selfstorage.com focuses on you know, storage units, they figured out how many countries could actually fit in Illinois.
So how many countries could fit in Illinois? For starters, “there are roughly 109 countries smaller than Illinois,” meaning a little more than half the word’s countries are smaller than the Land of Lincoln.
- Bangladesh – It is “the 8th most populous nation with 156 million people. How many people live in Illinois? 12.86 million.
- North Korea – This country could “fit inside Illinois with 11,000 square miles to spare.”
- The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, and Switzerland – All four countries could fit in Illinois “with enough jimmying around.”
- Ireland – If you were just how big Illinois actually is, just remember “Ireland would fit into Illinois twice.”
- Taiwan – Taiwan is home to nearly 24 million people. You can also “fit 4 Taiwans inside Illinois.”
Selfstorage.com also shared how many times Greece, South Korea, Portugal, Costa Rica, Austria, Honduras and Croatia would fit in Illinois.
Top This! The Search For Rockford’s Best Pizza: Mama C’s at Rock-A-Bago Hall
Subscribe to 97 ZOK on