5 Reasons Rockford Kicks Butt
Rockford kicks butt because of these five reasons.
I am not originally from Rockford but I have lived here for a long time. I really do enjoy being a part of this community. I believe sometimes the Forest City has an issue with self-esteem. Some people have negative feelings about this area. Especially, residents that have been here their whole lives. I think we need to be more positive about our city.
I have a few friends that live in Naperville. Of course, that is considered the "it" city of Illinois. You know what is funny. I hear them complaining about their town too. Nowhere is perfect. There are problems everywhere. Life is what you make it.
We have a lot of things to be proud of. In case you need a refresher course, here are five reasons that Rockford kicks butt.
- People - There are all kinds of incredible citizens doing amazing things in our community. One thing I know about Rockford is if someone or something needs help, the residents will step up to be there for assistance. It blows me away every time.
- Food - If one of the things you enjoy in life is good food, then Rockford is definitely the place for you. There are so many excellent local restaurants. Their meals are so tasty. Plus, the variety of styles and flavors is impressive. You can eat around the world without leaving the area.
- Music - Of course, Rockford is the home to Rock n Roll Hall of Famers, Cheap Trick, but there are also so many other talented musicians in our community. Plus, during regular times there many different venues to check them out. You can also have your choice of record and music stores to purchase your favorite bands, albums, and instruments.
- Attractions - I will put Rockford's attractions up against any other city our same size. There's the river, parks, museums, gardens, entertainment venues, and so much more.
- Activities - There is always something to do including sports events to participate in or watch, walking and bike paths, beautiful golf courses, festivals, and many others.
For those people that say Rockford is boring and there is nothing ever to do, well, you're not paying attention. It is a great place to live and does kick butt.
If you need help discovering Rockford, HERE.
Video: Visiting Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center in Rockford for the first time
Here Is How To Blur Your Home On Google Street View