8 Restaurants in Rockford to Celebrate Today’s Weird Food Holiday
I thought April 19 was just a day that I had car trouble and was super late to work, but it turns out it's a day to celebrate one of my favorite ingredients.
Happy Garlic Day! I know, you had no idea today was a day for garlic-ing, but now you do. So the question is... where should we garlic in Rockford?
I went to Yelp for some help...and now we have this list of the eight restaurants in Rockford you should celebrate garlic day at, according to Yelp.
- Shogun Japanese Restaurant - Yelp user Michelle F. says we should try the garlic shrimp
- Lucha Cantina - Margie L. says to try the Habenero Garlic salsa, which goes deliciously with margaritas of course.
- Five Forks Market - Yelp user Lauren P. says the marinated artichoke hearts have the perfect amount of garlic, and melted cheese.
- Sahara Palace Restaurant - Jackie R. recommends the chicken tandoori with rice pilaf and garlic sauce that she calls, "so yummy."
- Granite City Food & Brewery - Yelp user Raynette J. ordered the flatbread maple bacon and tomato with a crispy crust and she said just the right amount of garlic.
- Franchesco's Ristorante - Nick H. says he couldn't get enough of their garlic-topped bread.
- Capri Restaurant & Pizza - Yelp-er Jason K. goes to Capri for pizza but needs to get the garlic bread with cheese, too!
- Lino's - Amanda Z. says Lino's marinara sauce is "sweet, garlicy, tomato-y and just plain delicious."