Need To Feed A Crowd? Here Are Some Of The Best Caterers In Rockford
Generally, I find Facebook to be a wasteland of ideas, time, and decency, but every once in a while you find an exception to every rule.
A huge shout out to my friend and co-worker Double T down at 96.7 The Eagle. He told me about a guy he met at a local business forum that runs a Rockford Foodie page on Facebook.
I checked out the page "Rockford and Stateline Foodie" and was very impressed. This is a polite, helpful, and best of all, useful source for anyone that likes to find great local food here in the stateline.
A lot of it is posts of food from some local joints. I'd let you see the embedded posts here but the group won't let me embed posts. I will share some screenshots with the posters name removed. I'm not sure if you're supposed to share, this is my first Facebook group. Hopefully it won't get me in trouble.
Along with the posts of delicious local food are some crowd sourcing questions. One of them that caught my eye was a user asking where was the best spot for catered food in town.
There were many responses but a few were mentioned more than others. I've only been in this group for a week but I definitely trust their responses.
So you might want to consider one of these places when considering where to get food for 50 or more:
- Penguin Foods - 1614 Christina, Rockford IL
- Pinnon's Meat - 2324 N. Court, Rockford IL
- Deli Italia - 3004 N. Main St, Rockford IL
- ABC Catering - 1355 S. Alpine, Rockford IL
- Brian's Trade Rite - 3231 N. Kishwaukee, Rockford IL
- Sam's Ristorante - 6075 E. Riverside Blvd, Rockford IL
- Maciano's - 5801 Broadcast Parkway, Rockford IL