The 10 Best Rockford Spots Where You Can Eat The ‘Most Iconic’ Sandwich In Illinois
Who needs Chicago when you can drive around Rockford to scoop up the "Most Iconic" sandwich in Illinois?
That's what I was thinking when I saw Delish's "Most Iconic Sandwich In Every State" list.
"The smell of thinly sliced roast beef simmering in savory au jus (or, as the locals say, 'gravy') is enough to make you a believer in Chicago's favorite sandwich."
Pfft. I know for a fact that Rockford's Italian Beef sandwiches are just as good as Chicago.
Don't believe me? Here are the 5 best Italian Beef sandwiches in Rockford according to Yelp.
- Portillo's Hot Dogs, 6090 East State Street
- DiTullio's Italian Market & Cafe, 2207 East State Street
- Pete's Tom & Jerry's, 5446 East State Street
- Buddy's Burgers, 6551 East Riverside Boulevard
- Mamma Mia's, 1139 North Alpine Road
- Primo's Pizza, 1710 Rural Street
- Marie's Pizza, 1513 Charles Street
- 15th & Chris, 201 15th Avenue (Italian Beef Burger AKA 205 Burger)
- Take Outz, 5851 Forest Hills Road
- Sandwich Factory, 2204 Charles Street
Did we miss a place in Rockford that serves an amazing Italian Beef sandwich? Let us know.
Top This! The Search For Rockford's Best Pizza