Top 5 Places for Guacamole in Rockford on Cinco De Mayo [LIST]
Sure anyone can smash an avocado, but these five places know there's more to guac than just the green stuff.
Guacamole. It means many things to many people, but on Cinco de Mayo it means a little bit more.
I spent most of my life thinking I didn't like guacamole. I was convinced it was gross, until I discovered it wasn't the guacamole that was making my tastebuds cry, it was the cilantro.
I know, I know, you think I'm nuts but I just can't handle the cilantro. However, now that I know it's the cilantro that bothers me, I can order it sans cilantro and I've developed a huge love for guacamole.
These five places earned the top spot for guac in Rockford according to Yelp! Which spot is your favorite?
- Lucha Cantina - Rachel H. says, "We ordered the guacamole and two salsas to start. The guac was obviously very fresh and delicious. I'm not normally a fan of guacamole or really avocados at all, but this was incredible."
- Mexico Clasico - Kerry F. says, "Guacamole was amazing will definitely come here again with my family."
- DOS Reales Mexican Restaurant - Brian B. says, "The fresh guacamole stand is a very nice touch upon entry. Samples are available, but more than anything it is nice to see them making it to order with good looking ingredients."
- Los Portales - Bruce B. says, "The guacamole has a nice texture, not over blended but slightly chunky."
- Taqueria San Jose - Jeanne L. says, "The flavors are rich without overpowering one another. There's deeeelish guacamole and (free!) fresh-made tortilla chips."