Want a Piece? Apparently This is Illinois’ Most Delicious Slice of Pie
Sure, cake is good, but pie is the elite dessert.
I am a sucker for a great slice of pie.
The flakey crust, the yummy filling, paired with some scrumptious ice cream & topped with whipped cream. You just can't beat it.
A new study just revealed the best pie in each state. So where can you go in Illinois to get yourself a taste of the best slice?
Bang Bang Pie & Biscuits in Chicago.
MSN details -
For the best pies in Illinois, head straight for Chicago's Bang Bang Pie & Biscuits. The exceptional key lime pie is on the menu to order whole or half, and other options like chocolate caramel and peach blueberry are also available. The bakery is open for pre-ordered pick-ups and walk-up takeouts once a week.
Not a key lime pie fan? They've got plenty of other yummy options that include ...
- Cookies & Cream: malted vanilla bean cheesecake, chocolate cookie chunks, whipped cream, chocolate graham cracker crust
- Strawberry Lemon: creamy lemon custard, lemon zest, strawberry gelée, graham cracker crust
- Black Forest: chocolate pastry cream, kirsch ganache, whipped cream, cherry compote, chocolate graham cracker crust
- Summer Pie: vanilla sage ice cream, lemon verbena curd, Mick Klug summer berry compote, graham cracker crust (psst! keep pie frozen)
- Ginger Peach: Mick Klug Peaches, ginger cornmeal crumble, all-butter pastry crust
- Raspberry Peach: Mick Klug peaches, raspberries, lemon lavender crumble, all-butter pastry crust
OMG ... I'm drooling.
They also have a ton of delicious-looking food like biscuits, quiche, and more.
Check out the full menu and address for your pie journey here.