10 Thoughts I Had During Rooftop Yoga at The Standard Last Night
Rooftop yoga is taking over Thursday nights in Rockford at The Standard on State.
I know, I know, I was supposed to be putting my thoughts on a cloud and sending them away, I really tried, but these thought stayed with me.
When The Standard announced their first night of rooftop yoga I was so bummed I couldn't go, so when the second night came around, last night, I made sure I was there.
The BMO girls and I grabbed our mats and headed upstairs... which was a secret stairway on the side of the Taco Betty's building.
The class started at 7, some of us got there at 7:02... but there were still some other trickling in after it started. The rooftop was pretty packed with Rockford ladies channeling our 'namaste.'
You'd think I would have more than ten thoughts in an hour and a half, but like I said, I was trying to send them away on a cloud like the instructor asked us to do.
Without further ado, here are the ten thoughts I had at rooftop yoga:
- I feel like I am one thousand years old. When was the last time I stretched anything?
- Balancing. I thought I could balance... why am I not balancing?
- Rooftop yoga is way better than non-rooftop yoga.
- Minus the bugs. There are a lot of bugs.
- This might be one of the coolest places in the entire city.
- 90 minute class for $10 is a crazy good deal.
- Clearly this yoga mat from 'Pottery Barn Teen' is terrible. Also, does 'PB Teen' even exist anymore?
- Oh good, I'm not the only one who fell out of that pose.
- These strings of lights are really working up here. I love them.
- 'Ladies, the the bar is open.' Namaste.
Yoga is back next Thursday! 7 p.m. on the roof - bring your own mat.