12 Fun Ways to Have the Most Rockford Day Ever
It's going to be one of those days- a day where you find yourself sitting at your desk, staring out the window; daydreaming of how you'd be spending your day if you had taken the day off. Oh the places you would go, the things you would see and all the things you'd get done. But, you decided to go to work because you don't get paid until Friday and you don't exactly have the funds to spend an exciting day in the city.
Who said you need to leave Rockford to enjoy a fun day off? OnlyInYourState.com put together a list of "Ways to Have the Most Illinois Day Ever" and it's a great list, but there's only so much time in a day and if you're like me, you don't want to spend precious time in the car- you want to make the best of every minute, every hour. So instead of having the most "Illinois Day Ever"; here's how to have the best Rockford day ever.
1. Grab a cup of coffee from the Rockford Roasting Company.
2. Enjoy a hearty breakfast from Eggsclusive Café.
3. Walk off your breakfast by taking a hike at Rock Cut State Park.
4. After your hike, your body is tired, treat yourself to a mini spa day at WM Day Spa.
5. Now that you're feeling zen, talk a walk through Anderson Japanese Gardens.
6. Whoa, look at the time. It's time for lunch at Beef-a-Roo; with cheddar cheese fries.
7. Don't forget dessert; have a cupcake from Sugarjones.
8. Burn off your sugar buzz looking at The Butterfly Exhibit at Nicholas Conservatory.
9. Shop. Hit up Minglewood, Rockford Art Deli and the Olive Oil Experience.
10. In the summer, you have to visit City Market.
11. Have dinner at Franchesco's.
12. Top the night off with a show at the Coronado.
What are some other fun ways to spend the day in Rockford?