7 Things People from Rockford Do but Will Never Admit To
I bet you thought all the fun and games, pranks and lies were meant for April Fool's Day last week; am I right? Well guess again, because today is National Tell a Lie Day- a full day dedicated to fibs, white lies and tall tales.
I was trying to think of a fun way to celebrate, because let's face it, for some of us, it's National Tell a Lie day every day. Then it hit me- let's come up with a fun list of lies that people from Rockford tell or things that people from Rockford do but won't admit to- that's pretty much the same thing. This list is inspired by true events.
- When people ask where you're from, you tell them Chicago.
- You've skinny dipped in the Rock River.
- Shamelessly, you've driven around on a donut for at least a month after blowing a tire on Rockford's roads because you can't afford a new one.
- Tubing down the Kishwaukee River is your favorite summer pastime.
- You've peed in the wave pool at Magic Waters. The lazy river too.
- You left Rockford, saying you were never coming back; only to come back.
- You love shopping resale