Beloit College Blows Our Minds with Annual ‘Mindset List’
Every year Beloit College releases a "mindset list" regarding the incoming freshmen and this year they made all of us feel ridiculously old.
The class of 2020 is entering college as we speak and as they do every year, Beloit College is bringing us the "mindset list."
Since 1998, this list has been released as the students come to school showing how these new students relate to the world around them.
Just reading the first few made me feel old. Super old. I just had to realize that I've been out of college for over seven years, and when these students were born I was already entering sixth grade.
The full list is posted at The Mindset List, but here are a few that will throw you for a loop.
- They never heard Harry Caray try to sing during the seventh inning at Wrigley Field.
- Cloning has always been a mundane laboratory procedure.
- They have never had to watch or listen to programs at a scheduled time.
- “Nanny cams” have always been available to check up on the babysitter.
- They have never seen billboard ads for cigarettes.
- Michael J. Fox has always spoken publicly about having Parkinson’s disease.
Oh yeah and most of them were born in 1998. Yikes, how's that for feeling old?