Potholes, already! It's still February and here come the potholes.

Did you car or truck land in one of Rockford's infamous natural street wonders? With the very cold temperatures, followed by a seventy degree warm-up, it's no wonder that potholes on Rockford streets are appearing much earlier than usual this year.

So what should you do if your car is damaged by a pothole while driving in Rockford? The good news is that you might be able to receive some money from the city to repair your vehicle.

Rockford drivers can file a claim with the city. You need to start by clicking HERE.

The link will take you to the City of Rockford Website. Here's what you can expect next;

  • The website will direct you to report a claim to PMA Companies which is Rockford's claims processor.
  • You need to file the claim by telephone by calling 1-800-476-2669.
  • Then you will receive a claim number.  (Be sure to keep this number handy)

Then, you get to sit and WAIT! It's estimated that it will take between 3-4 weeks to get a response.  According to the City of Rockford:

During the winter and spring months PMA may receive many claims at the same time.  It takes time to properly and carefully input, distribute, investigate, research and prepare a written response to your claim.

If you need to file a claim for pothole damage outside of Rockford, click HERE for information on filing for damages in Winnebago, Stephenson, DeKalb, Boone, McHenry and Ogle Counties.


More From 97 ZOK