Governor Pritzker Unveils Plan To Reopen Illinois
The Illinois Governor released a 5-step plan during today's press conference to reopen the state.
The 5 phases are:
- Phase 1 (Rapid Spread) - Strict stay at home and social distancing guidelines are put in place, and only essential businesses remain open. Every region has experienced this phase once already and could return to it if mitigation efforts are unsuccessful.
- Phase 2 (Flattening) - Non0essential retail stores reopen for curb0side pickup and delivery. Illinoisians are directed to wear a face-covering when outside the home and can begin enjoying additional outdoor activities like golf, boating, and fishing while practicing social distancing.
- Phase 3 (Recovery) - Manufacturing, offices, retail, barbershops, and salons can reopen to the public with capacity and other limits and safety precautions. Gatherings of 10 people or fewer are allowed. Face coverings and social distancing are the norm.
- Phase 4 (Revitalization) - Gatherings of 50 people or fewer are allowed, restaurants and bars reopen, travel resumes, child care, and schools reopen under guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health. Face coverings and social distancing are the norm.
- Phase 5 (Illinois Restored) - The economy fully reopens with safety precautions continuing. Conventions, festivals, and large events are permitted, and all businesses, schools, and places of recreation can open with new safety guidelines and procedures.
While this certainly won't make everyone happy, it is nice to have something on paper to possibly look forward to. I'm sure everyone will react to this with measured response and civility.