How To Become A Budtender At An Illinois Marijuana Dispensary
Here's how to get a job at a marijuana dispensary in Illinois as a budtender.
Looking for a new gig or career? Interested in getting into the wonderful world of weed? It's a booming business in Illinois. How about becoming a budtender? Yes, it's a real job. What exactly is a budtender?
According to merriam-webster.com,
"A person who serves customers at an establishment where cannabis products are sold."
Sounds interesting, doesn't it. A lot of the dispensaries are looking for help. Here's how to get hired. According to pantagraph.com,
- Prospective employees should submit an application to the dispensary.
- If they are hired, they'll have to undergo a background check.
- The dispensary will submit an application to get the identification card from the state's Department of Financial and Professional Regulation employees must have to work in Illinois' cannabis industry.
- The department may not issue an ID card if the person has been convicted of a felony offense, but it is required by law to consider evidence of rehabilitation and mitigating factors in the applicant's record, such as the amount of time that has passed since their conviction and circumstances of the offense.
- Newly hired employees will then go through two sets of training: one from the state and another from the dispensary.
Video: Don Felder Discusses New Album American Rock N Roll