Just in Time for Cinco de Mayo, Chipotle’s Guacamole Recipe is Here
You grab the chips, I'll make the guac.
But I won't add cilantro, sorry i just can't.
Chipotle is one of the most popular fast casual restaurants in existence, especially for dudes. I think the giant burritos make guys feel manly, like they accomplished something when they finish it.
But the best part of Chipotle, is the guacamole. At least in my opinion.
Now we can make it from home, and it's actually really easy.
According to Chipotle, here's what we need to make the guac:
- 2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
And here's how we go about guac-ing:
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit (carefully!)
- Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with lime juice.
- Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.