NIU Makes ‘Huskie Pledge’ To Help Cover Freshmen Tuition Costs
I'm going to state the obvious here, but these days college is important...and college is not cheap. Thankfully, Northern Illinois University understands this and has launched a new initiative to help ease a little of the stress for graduating high school seniors who plan on attending NIU next Fall.
This new inititative is called the "Huskie Pledge" and its goal is to help cover some of the costs for incoming Freshmen, and for some, provide full-ride scholarships.
“Our Huskie Pledge is yet another step toward our goal of making a life-changing NIU education affordable and accessible to as many students as possible. If you’re a hard-working student, we want to help you succeed at NIU and beyond.”
Of course there has to be some qualifications to receive a generous offer such as this, so to qualify incoming Freshmen must:
- Me be an Illinois resident
- Have a cumulative 3.0 grade point average at an Illinois high school.
- Graduate from high school during the 2019-20 school year.
- Have a family income of $75,000 or less.
- Have family assets of $75,000 or less (as defined by the FAFSA).
- Enroll as a full-time NIU student in Fall 2020
For more information on NIU's new "Huskie Pledge", go to go.niu.edu/HuskiePledge.
Catch Lil Zim on 'Q98.5 Mornings with Lil Zim and JB' 5:00 a.m. to 10 a.m. Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook