Places To Ski And Snowboard Near Rockford
Near Rockford, places to go snowboarding and skiing.
One of the outdoor sports that I used to enjoy doing quite a bit with my friends was going skiing. I wish I would have kept it up. I never went to any of those big mountains like in Colorado. I usually just headed up to Wisconsin. I still had a lot of fun doing that. A group of us would usually go for a long weekend a couple of times during the winter. Some of my buddies would even go snowboarding. I was not that brave.
The focus on doing outside activities will continue for the next several months. Taking your family on a ski trip adventure could definitely be a good time. There does not even have to be any show because the resorts make their own. If you have never been, going somewhere close like Wisconsin is a good place to start. It will not break the bank either. They also rent equipment and host lessons for beginners.
Here are a few places that are a short drive from Rockford.
According to timeout.com,
- Wilmot Mountain in Wilmont, Wisconson. That is where I got my start and a good place to learn but still fun for advanced skiers. INFO
- Villa Olivia in Bartlett, Illinois. It is small and the perfect place for beginners. INFO
- Chestnut Mountain in Galena, Illinois. Pretty scenery and you could make it a weekend by spending time in the little downtown area. INFO
- Cascade Mountain in Portage, Wisconsin. A little bit of a farther drive but I spent a lot of time of there back in the day. INFO
- Devil's Head Resort in Merrimac, Wisconsin. Another location that is a longer drive but I went up there quite a few times and always had fun. INFO
- Alpine Valley Resort in Elkhorn, Wisconsin. If you have ever been to a concert at Alpine Valley, then you have seen it in the background. INFO
- Sundown Moutain Resort in Dubuque, Iowa. I have never been there but heard good things. INFO
- Four Lakes Alpine Snowsports in Lisle, Illinois. When I first graduated from college, I had a couple of friends that lived here. Another great location for beginners. INFO
I hope that helps you with some outdoor family activities for this winter.
Video: Double T Coaches Jr IceHogs at BMO Harris Bank Center
ALSO: Former Minnesota Twins All-Star's Home for Sale - Complete With Brewery