Are you ready to learn something new today that could save your life?

I came across this warning on Facebook from the Amboy Police Department and honestly never thought to check my home's exhaust vents for snow and ice during the winter months.

I know, it seems like common sense, but I'm not exactly a homeowner, you know?

So, if you know someone who might not know that you could potentially die from carbon monoxide poisoning if the exhaust vents for your furnace, hot water heater and other appliances get clogged, please share this with them.

Bonus Video

Catch Mandy James on “The Steve Shannon Show with Mandy James” on 97 ZOK from 5:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Follow her on TwitterInstagram and Facebook.

More From 97 ZOK