Rockford Park District Closures Due to New COVID Restrictions
Well, 2020 certainly is going out with a bang, isn't it?
Remember when this pandemic started over 8 months ago and we all thought it would be behind us by the end of the year?
The Rockford area is currently being ravaged by a surge of positive COVID-19 cases, and because of that, as of today, we are back in Tier 3 mitigations to help stop the spread. On top of reduced capacity limits for retail and grocery stores, a lot of our favorite recreational activities are now paused as well.
The Rockford Park District issued a press release yesterday about the closures and changes that are now in effect for their programs and facilities and the first one on the list hurts me the most.
- Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens - No inside admission. All Aglow display will be outdoors only, and the Sinnissippi Station Garden Railroad Exhibit has been cancelled.
- Mercyhealth Sportscore Two - All sports programs and indoor group golf lessons have been cancelled. Individual training at the indoor driving range is still available, but you must register in advance.
- Skybox Restaurant at Mercyhealth Sportscore Two - The restaurant is closed, but you can reserve simulator rentals in advance. (one person per simulator, no spectators allowed).
- UW Health Sports Factory - All group sports programs have been cancelled, but rental opportunities are available for individual training.
- Carlson Ice Arena and Riverview Ice House - All group lessons cancelled. Opportunities for individual lessons/ training sessions still available.
All of these changes and closures are temporary and will remain in effect until Region 1's COVID-19 positivity rate improves, so PLEASE be safe, smart, and do what it takes to bring these case numbers down!