Rockford Woman’s Recipe Wins A National Contest
A Rockford woman's recipe wins a national contest and it sounds delicious!
WIFR shares that Lu Bartosiak submitted her recipe for Stuffed Mushrooms in "the Enlivant recipe contest."
Lu's recipe was "chosen out of more than one hundred entries nationwide" for Enlivant.
Envilant has hundreds of communities around the U.S. and CherryVale Place, where Lu lives, is one of those senior housing developments.
Not only does Lu receive the honor as the national winner, her recipe for "Stuffed Mushrooms" will now "be served at Envilant communities' menus across the U.S."
If you're curious about the recipe or maybe, like me, you want to make them.
Here's her, now famous, recipe.
STUFFED MUSHROOMS, by Lu Bartosiak
Prep Time: 1 Hour
20 Large White Button Mushrooms
1 lb Bulk Pork Sausage (aka breakfrast sausage) Browned
8 oz Cream Cheese- Chopped into small cubes
1 Bunch Green Onions- Chopped
1/2 to 1 cup Milk
Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2) Brown sausage and crumble well
3) Drain sausage from skillet leaving a thin coat of oil, and saute onions in oil until slightly wilted
4) Return sausage to pan with onions and cream cheese
5) Over low heat, stir sausage, onions and cream cheese until well blended
6) Remove stems from mushrooms and stuff each mushroom cap with sausage mixture
7) Top with parmesan
8) Add milk to bottom of baking dish, place mushroom caps on top and bake until heated through and mushrooms are beginning to leak their water (20-25 mins.)
Mmm... Yeah those sound pretty tasty.