Six Flags is Reopening in November With Holiday in the Park Lights
Six Flags is one of my most favorite places to go in the winter. Yeah, you read that right! Even though you might think of amusement parks as a summer thing, Six Flags goes ALL OUT for Christmas time with their Holiday in the Park Lights event.
Check out how awesome Six Flags looks during the Holidays -
I've had the opportunity to go check out the park these past two years and it's simply magical. It feels like a winter wonderland.
So normally for Holiday in the Park, some rides are open and operating. This year however, that wont be the case. Due to Illinois safety guidelines, rides won’t be operating, it’s strictly a holiday lights experience. But like I said, the lights are honestly the best part.
If you've always dreamed of "walking in a winter wonderland", then this is your chance. Just look ...
Here's how Six Flags is following safety guidelines according to WGN -
In addition to having no rides operating, the park will operate at reduced capacity levels. Guests will have to make a reservation on the Six Flags website, a system that will be familiar to anybody who visited the Hurricane Harbor waterpark when it was able to reopen this summer.
Here's some additional things set in place for park visits -
- Guests will have their temperatures checked with a contactless thermal imaging system
- Social distancing will be strictly enforced throughout the property
- Masks will be required for everybody over two years old
- Dedicated cleaning teams will be put in place to sanitize touch points throughout the grounds
- Mobile food ordering will also be available – guests can order items on the Six Flags app and have them ready for pickup, allowing for touchless transactions
Reservations are scheduled to open today (October 15) on Six Flags Great America’s website.