The 10 Things You Need if You Have a Midwestern Fall Cold
Fall is all around us. The cooler air, the falling leaves, the beautiful colors, football season, kids back to school, and those Fall colds that wreck all the fun.
Moms and dads, unfortunately your kids will probably be bringing home more than homework this Fall. The germs are all around us. My daughter has already had a cold, as well as many of my friends and coworkers. I'm gonna help you all out here. I have put together a list of 'must have' items to help you recover from your cold as quick as possible.
- Essential oils - Thieves, eucalyptus, and tea tree oil. These all have natural healing properties that will help you kick that cold in the butt.
- Vitamins - C, D, and zinc to boost your immune system
- Hot Tea - Peppermint tea, green tea, ginger tea, or lemon tea. These will help soothe your throat, relieve congestion, and many of them have antiviral effects.
- Honey and cinnamon- Combining a spoonful of these two will help soothe your sore throat, lessen cold symptoms, and fight off those bugs.
- Salt water - Gargle with this 4 times a day and it will help alleviate the pain in your throat, loosen phlegm, and will flush those germs out.
- Humidifier or steamy shower- These will help loosen up your sinuses and make it easier to breathe. You can also just put a hot wash cloth over your face and inhale.
- Early bedtime - Good sleep is essential for a quick recovery.
- Chicken noodle soup - While all hot liquids are good, this one seems to be better at clearing out the sinuses. And it tastes good!
- Apple Cider Vinegar - This doesn't taste the best, but will help kill those germs! You can take it like a shot or mix it in with a little juice.
- Hand sanitizer - Last but not least, buy some hand sanitizer, or just wash those hands really well to avoid spreading your germs to anyone else. Unless they're not your favorite person...then just sneeze in their face.