What You Won’t See at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade in 2020
Here's what Thanksgiving morning looks like at my house; we get up and actually fix a nice breakfast, then my husband and I sit down to look at the Black Friday ads while our kids watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on in the background.
By now we know Macy's annual parade will look different in 2020 thanks to COVID-19, but just how different?
Here's some of the things we WON'T see in the 2020 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade according to the Chicago Tribune;
- Balloon-inflation ceremony
- Any performers or participants under the age of 18
- Big crowds of spectators
- High school and college marching bands from across the country. (They have been replaced with professional and bands from the New York-area)
- The typical 2.5 mile parade route ( the festivities will be filmed exclusively in and around Midtown Manhattan’s Herald Square)
Now let's talk about the traditions we WILL still see in the 2020 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade:
- Performers (all masked and socially distanced)...Dolly Parton will be there!
- Broadway-show performances
I think we can all agree that COVID-19 has stolen a lot of fun and "normal" from us in 2020, but I think we all need to take a moment to truly be thankful for the things we still have this year. We have our family and a home to shelter us. We have hope that better, healthier days are ahead, and we still have the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade to watch on Thursday morning.
Be well, and count your blessings, my friends!
Catch Lil Zim on ‘Q98.5 Mornings with Lil Zim & JB’ on Q98.5 from 6:00 a.m. to 10 a.m. Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook