You Need to Take The Ultimate Illinois Waterfalls Road Trip
There's not much to do right now. But the things we can do include a lot of outdoor time and road trips (social distancing and safety precautions taken of course).
I found one of the coolest road trips you can take right here in Illinois! It's been deemed "The Ultimate Illinois Waterfall Road Trip". So here's what the route looks like according to OnlyInIllinois -
So here's the stops -
- Jon J. Duerr Forest Preserve (South Elgin) - 35W003 State Rte 31, South Elgin, IL 60177
- Waterfall Glen (Burr Ridge) - Lemont, IL 60439
- Matthiessen State Park (North Utica) - 2500 IL-178, Oglesby, IL 61348
- Starved Rock State Park (Oglesby) - 2678 E 875th Rd, Oglesby, IL 61348
- Burden Falls (Pope) - 120 Lincoln St, Stonefort, IL 62987
- Ferne Clyffe State Park (Goreville) - 90 Goreville Rd, Goreville, IL 62939
- Kinkaid Lower Falls (Murphysboro) - 52 Cinder Hill Drive Murphysboro IL 62966
All of these parks have stunningly beautiful waterfalls and trails that will lead to a ton of family fun. So if you're feeling stuck in the house with no where to go, just remember we've got a ton of nature trips right here in Illinois.