17 Cold-Fighting Foods To Help Beat Flu Season
It's flu season! I just got over the bug that's going around and I wish I'd known these tips a month ago. So I'm here to make sure you stay healthy. On top of washing your hands like crazy and avoiding all of your sick friends, there's some more things you can do.
You can actually eat and drink different foods this flu-season to help combat the bug. Here are 17 things to help fight cold and flu season according to Delish -
- Yogurt - Yogurt is a great source of probiotics.
- Eggs - They'll give you a good dose of zinc.
- Oatmeal - It's packed with beta glucans.
- Cauliflower - This crunchy veg boosts glutathione, an antioxidant that gives your immune system some extra oomph.
- Seafood - Oily varieties like salmon and tuna are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Hot Drinks - Green and black tea are key sources of antioxidants while chamomile and ginger teas calm upset stomachs and reduce inflammation.
- Spicy Foods - The kick should help flush out your sinuses in no time.
- Fennel - Contains a bunch of Vitamin C.
- Carrots And Sweet Potatoes - The orange veggies are big on beta-carotene.
- Turkey and Chicken - Lean protein like chicken and turkey breast provide the energy necessary to build antibodies and fight infection.
- Red Bell Peppers - Twice the amount of Vitamin C found in oranges.
- Garlic - Calcium, potassium, and sulfuric compounds are all found in garlic.
- Chicken Soup - Has an amino acid found in chicken, is a secret weapon for thinning out mucous.
- Turmeric - Known as the wonder-spice.
- Brussel Sprouts - They'll fulfill half of your recommended Vitamin C for the day.
- Coconut Water - has plenty of potassium.
- Ice Pops - The extra fluids thin out your mucus so that congestion is a little less miserable.
Time to stock the kitchen!