A 2020 Candle – Here’s What Rockford Thinks One Would Smell Like
I've gone through candles like CRAZY this year. I mean hey, if I'm going to be stuck at home, I'm going to be stuck in a good smelling home. Right?
My new candle obsession led me to the thought, what would a 2020 candle would smell like? Obviously not one you'd want to actually light in your home. But even if it's nasty, it's funny to imagine how a 2020 candle would be scented.
We asked on Facebook what 97ZOK listeners think the 2020 candle would smell like and the responses did NOT disappoint.
With all those amazing suggestions, I got a little inspired. I kind of created our very own virtual 2020 candle shop of candles you'd never actually buy, but can totally say, "Yep, that's 2020".
So I present to you, Rockford's 2020 Candle Shop. What will you be buying for a stocking stuffer? (Spoiler alert, these don't actually exist, but would you really want them too?)
Rockford's 2020 Candle Shop
I have to give a shoutout to some honorable mentions as well because this comment section was truly a goldmine.
Some of these I had to Google what they were and was instantly like "EW".
- Surstromming - Basically a stinky canned fish
- Limburger - The internet describes it as "known for its strong smell caused by the bacterium Brevibacterium linens" ... nasty
- Cat Pee - No Googling required here, that's a scent that can ruin any day
- "What just came out of my daughter" - I don't want to know more
- A grease trap getting cleaned out - Again, the internet, "the smells from the grease trap are quite distinctive from septic odors as they contain decomposing food particles and grease"
- "It would be that saw dust stuff they use to put on the floor in school when someone threw up. That smell alone would make me want to throw up!!!" - This is self explanatory
- A GIF of a dog dragging it's butt on the carpet ... if you know, you know
Needless to say, 2020 candles are NOT what people will be asking for for Christmas this year.
20 Words and Phrases That Are So 2020