On a hot summer day, you probably wouldn't think twice about picking up the garden hose for a quick cool off session, but a fire department in Las Vegas has a warning for all of us when it comes to garden hose safety.

According to WGN TV, once exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time, the water inside the hose can get extremely hot, and if not left to run for a few minutes before hand you, you tongue or even your children could be in for a rude awakening with severe burns.

Summer is difficult enough with misquitos, ticks and sunburn; please take caution when trying to keep cool these next few months.

Bonus Video

More From 97 ZOK