Cheap Trick Makes “What’s Illinois Known For” List
The "what is Illinois known for" list includes Cheap Trick.
I'm not going to sugarcoat it, Illinois does have some series issues. It's my home and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. If you look closely, there are some very good things about it too.
Every state is known for something, even Illinois. I remember a few years ago, traveling with my family to visit relatives in Finland. When people there found out we were from Illinois, they immediately said, "Chicago and the Mafia." Just like that, our state is famous around the world for mob activity. That's something, even though it's not a good thing.
I spent time thinking about what else is the Land of Lincoln known for. I started doing some research to find out an answer. Then just my luck, I found this list on pjstar.com. Here's what made their list.
- Chicago - I'm just going to give that the old fashion, "Duh."
- Abraham Lincoln - That one was easy to figure out. The state's nickname honors him. Plus, as a President, he was a pretty big deal.
- Corruption - This is sad but true. The state government is why residents are fleeing the state in record numbers.
- Famous Food - I'm a big fan of the food, so I will agree with this entry. There are so many great restaurants serving several different kinds of menus.
- Farming - You don't have to drive too far from Rockford to figure this one out.
- Taxes - This is unfortunate. I don't know what's worse, the taxes or corruption. Either way, they both give Illinois a bad name.
- Presidents - I already mentioned Lincoln, but there is also Barack Obama, Ronald Reagan, and Ulysses S. Grant. That's a pretty impressive list.
- Home of Superman - That's Metropolis, Illinois. I've heard a lot of cool things about it. That's a place on my "to do" list.
- Cheap Trick - Of course, I'm from Rockford so I'm partial to this selection. They could have easily copped out and said music. That's because there are so many great bands and musicians in Illinois.
What do you think Illinois is known for?
Video: Inside Scoop For Illinois Rock & Roll Museum On Route 66
See the Must-Drive Roads in Every State