Kids Take the Wheel at Belvidere’s Drive-In Movie This Friday
Last summer drive-in movies were the "it" thing to do, and this summer is no different. COVID pandemic or not, there's just something special about watching a movie in the great outdoors under a starlit sky.
If you have young children, and have never taken them to a drive-in movie before, you should probably go to Belvidere this Friday to have some extra-special drive-in movie fun!
This Friday, June 11, the Belvidere Park District will be hosting another drive-in movie night at the new Sundstrand Park located at 2288 Newburg Rd.
Friday's feature presentation will be "The Flintstones" starring John Goodman, Rick Moranis and Rosie O'Donnell, but the night will also feature an obstacle course your kids can drive their Power Wheels through!
Everything You Need to Know Before You Go
- Gates will open at Sundstrand Park this Friday at 6:30 p.m., with the movie starting at dusk.
- The cost is $20 per vehicle, and tickets CANNOT be purchased in advance.
- Tickets are sold at the gate and credit and debit cards, as well as cash, are accepted.
- You'll want to arrive when the gates open to save your spot, but also don't forget to bring your kids' Power Wheels so they can have some fun driving the obstacle course before the movie starts.
- There is $1 admission fee per Power Wheel.
If you can't make this Friday's Drive-In Movie Night, don't worry, two more are already scheduled for this month:
- Friday, June 18 - Happy Gilmore
- Friday, June 25 - The Breakfast Club
If you would like more information on the Belvidere Park District's Drive-In Movie Nights, check out belviderepark.org or call 815-547-5711.