Pop-Up Drive-In Movie Theater Coming To The Sears Centre
If you're not using the stadium, you might as well use the parking lot.
That had to be the thinking the folks at the Sears Centre had when approached by Chicago Drive-In.
You see, they already launched something similar at SeatGeek Stadium earlier this month.
Now they are getting ready to set up shop in the empty Sears Centre parking lot in Hoffman Estates to show outdoor movies.
Sure, the movies are old, but hey, it's something to do, right?
However, the movies tend to run the gamut so they aren't just kid flicks.
The movies start this Thursday kicking it all off with The Goonies.
From there, things get a little eclectic.
- Friday, June 26 - Honey, I Shrunk The Kids & Trading Places
- Saturday, June 27 - Toy Story 4 & The Blues Brothers
- Monday, June 29 - Beetlejuice
- Tuesday, June 30 - Moana
- Wednesday, July 1 - The Princess Bride
- Thursday, July 2 - The Sandlot
- Friday, July 3 - Ferris Bueller's Day Off & Dazed And Confused
- Saturday, July 4 - Independence Day
The screen is 70 feet tall and you will be able to hear through your car according to The Daily Herald.
Tickets are $30 per car with preferred viewing at $50.
Sweet Lenny is the brand manager of 97ZOK, Q98.5, and Operations Manager for Townsquare Media Rockford. Catch him afternoons 3 to 7 on 97ZOK. Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, and like his page on Facebook.