The 7 Best Roller Coasters Within 6 Hours of Rockford [LIST]
Ladies and gentlemen, we've entered roller coaster season.
We made it guys. It's un-officially summer and that means tan lines, flip-flops and roller coasters.
But please don't wear your flip-flops on roller coasters, it's dangerous and I don't want to promote danger.
When I was little, my brother and I were really weird. We were planning a trip to Great America and I had never been on a roller coaster before. It was my brother's mission to get me on one, and in order to do that, he nerdily developed contracts for me to sign.
I swear he made six or seven individual contracts based on the specific roller coasters at Six Flags, and what I "would earn" depending on which one I rode.
There were a lot of financial possibilities on those contracts, apparently my brother was a baller.
I can't even remember if I rode any of those rides when we went that year, but thinking back I definitely should have. I could use an extra $100 and having him empty the dishwasher for a week right about now.
Since it's roller coaster season, I thought I'd tell you that story and also give you a list of awesome coasters that you should visit this summer, and/or make a contract for your little sister to ride her first roller coaster.
This list comes to us from Thrillest, and while I have been to Great America and to Cedar Point, I can't give you an opinion on all of these rides, but I will send this post to my brother as soon as I'm done writing it, I'm sure he could give you an insider rider's perspective.
The 7 Best Roller Coasters Within 6 Hours of Rockford, According to Thrillest
- Millennium Force, 93 miles per hour with a 300-foot drop, Cedar Point
- The Boss, 5,000 ft wooden coaster, Six Flags St. Louis Railroad
- Top Thrill Dragster, 120 miles per hour, 420 ft high, Cedar Point
- Banshee, world's longest and fastest inverted roller coaster, Kings Island
- The Beast, world's longest wooden ride, Kings Island
- Hades 360, 360 degree inverted roll, Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park
- Rougarou, floor-less roller coaster, Cedar Point