The Most Underrated Part of Every Pumpkin Patch And Apple Orchard
I can agree with a lot of people that Fall gets me excited for pumpkin patches and apple orchards, but not for the same reason most people are. Let me explain ...
Here is what most people go for -
- Apple picking AKA taking a 'candid photo'
- Corn mazes AKA sneezing and getting lost
- Petting zoos AKA more sneezing a smelling like a farm
- Pumpkin patches AKA another photo
- Some sort of tractor/trailer ride AKA a bumpy, cold ride around the place
- Camel rides AKA you're too old and big for that
Here is what I go for -
- THE FOOD
PEOPLE ARE MISSING OUT ON THE TASTIEST PART OF FALL. You do all of the activities, walk out to your car, you pass through the gift shop, and MAYBE you grab a pack of donuts. BUT DON'T STOP THERE! These little places are THE hidden gem of Fall.
Beyond the drool worthy apple cider donuts, they usually have ...
- Homemade jelly/jam
- Homemade pickles/pickled vegetables
- Fresh baked pies/cookies/breads/etc.
- Pre-picked apples
- AND SO MUCH MORE
Looking at 'The Pumpkin Patch' specifically the spud hut's fully dressed giant baked potato and warm, buttery sweet corn are calling my name. So next time you do the whole Fall thing, don't forget to buy one of every food item from the gift shop.