Top 10 Delicious Popcorn Tips Shared by Rockfordians
National Popcorn Day was this week. But let's be honest, is there ever a bad time for popcorn? Heck no! There's always room for some popcorn in any situation.
I'm a huge popcorn lover. Going to the movies is one of my favorite things in the world because of the popcorn. And when COVID-19 shut down movie theaters, I was having serious withdrawals. So much so me and my boyfriend got a popcorn machine for our apartment. 10/10 recommend if you're missing movie theater popcorn like me.
There's nothing wrong with throwing a bag of microwave popcorn in for a few minutes and just pouring it into a big bowl. But you're limiting yourself. You're missing out on just how delicious popcorn can really be. So we're here to help you reach your full potential.
We asked 97ZOK listeners for their popcorn tips on our Facebook page and you did not disappoint.
Here's Top 10 Popcorn tips shared by Rockfordians -
- BL Duncan - "I pop my own Pop Corn and use Garlic Juice and sriracha sauce in the oil and then use Lawry's seasoning mixed in with melted butter"
- Jessica Meckler - "Cayenne pepper"
- Lucrecia Banuelos Carreno - "Valentina Sauce and lime juice"
- Samantha Bratthauer - "Ranch seasoning packets"
- Mary Ritchie - "Marshmallows"
- Chris 'Meier' Wessels - "My pregnant daughter eats hers with guacamole"
- Kelsey Lowery - "The chicken flavor packet from Roman noodles"
- Alison Mary - "Parmesan cheese"
- Tiki Huey - "Peanut M&M's or Raisinets"
- Nichole Helm Burks - "Chile Limon popcorn seasoning"
YUM! I usually just toss in some frozen M&M's, but now I have a whole new list of things to try.
Here's some other suggestions we got -